Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I Heart Scrapbooking - Pocket Mini Album Tutorial

Hello, Diana here bringing you June’s Mini Album Tutorial. Today I’ll give you the steps on how to make this Pocket Mini Album

To make the body of the album you’ll need these 7 Gypsies Photo Carousel Pocket’s

I used 6 Pockets, 1 for the Cover and 5 for the inside pages.

Following the sequence of the photo bellow:

1) Round the two corners of the right side of the pocket and Ink all the edges of the front and back.

2) Cut two pieces of white cardstock to cover the front and the back of each manila pockets. Distress the edges of the cardstock pieces.

3) Adhere the Cardstock pieces to the Manila Pocket. Using a Scallop puncher cut half a circle in the top middle of what will be your Front Page.

4) Photo of how it looks once you are done.

For this album I used the My Minds Eye-Fine and Dandy, True Blue paper collection, even though it is a boy intended paper line, I have a weakness for cute Owls and I really like the colors. Another of my weaknesses is paper layers, as you can see on the photo bellow I cut a bigger piece of paper for the background and a slightly smaller for the front.


Next step is to decorate those two pretty layers. Fallowing again the sequence of the photo bellow:

1) Adhere the two pattern paper pieces together, add a piece of ribbon and bakers twine as shown, sticking the ends to the back of the paper. Overlay the pattern paper pieces and the album pockets and trace the scallop half circle. Now punch out the piece traced.

2) Adhere the pattern paper piece to the front of the pocket. Tie a knot with the baker twine.

3) Punch out 3 wholes for the binding. As a final touch add a Pretty Paper flower with a Brad in the center.

Like this Flower? Learn how to make it HERE

For the inside of the pockets cut 5 pieces of cardstock, round the corners and add lines to it for your journaling, on the top center I added a punched out scallop circle and a brad, you can also add a butterfly or any other shape desired.

On each page I used as a title the reasons why I love scrapbooking.

To hold all the pockets together put a piece of ribbon through each of the holes and tie a knot in the center of the spine.

As another way of keeping the album together I glued this yellow and white thick ribbon to the back cover, spine and front cover and tied a bow.

Here is a close-up of the cover; I layered some of the chipboard pieces, added gems, brads and letter stickers for the title.

As always I hope this tutorial will inspire you to make your own, if you have any questions or comments please be my guest.

Have a wonderful day

=Di

4 Scrappy thoughts:

Unknown said...

This is so pretty Di! I'd love to make an album like that!

Jean said...

What a clever album! Super cute papers.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I just love looking at the beautiful work you do, Di! The colors and design and details on this mini are awesome. And it's a great tutorial too! xo

Sandy Ang said...

Just love your sunny, cheery pocket mini