Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Few Albums

Hi, Diana here to show you 3 personal projects I’ve been working on.

I've mentioned before my weakness for Cute Owls, I found this book at Target and couldn't resist not buying it; it is made out of recycled materials.

I am traveling to visit my family and thought of using it as a Journal book about my vacation. I decorated the cover and glued some nice pattern papers to the inside pages.

I’ll be visiting the same cities from my September trip, I’ve already made a travel journal for that trip and decided to try and do something different this time, there will be more journaling and less photos, and lets see if I can manage to add a minimal of embellishments to the inside pages, that is going to be a challenge.

My Next project is a Summer Mini. I downloaded THIS Free Class at Big Picture; it is called “10 Summer Photos to take right now”. I just love the photo ideas given there and decided to take the task, it will be great to use my camera more this summer, and since I’ll need somewhere to house these photos, I made this mini album

All the papers and that cute Kite are from Echo Park-Walk in the Park collection, as extra embellishment I added a Maya Road chipboard shape, a Sun flashcard from K and Company, colored Bakers Twine, Gems, Alphas and a Beach Ball flair from American Crafts.

For the inside pages I used a 7 Gypsies chipboard album that I’ve been hoarding for years.

Since the papers are double sided it was very simple to decorate both sides of the page.


Both of these albums are still waiting to be filled with photos, journaling and need some final details, I hope I’ll be able to share the inside of them once I’m done.

And finally I’ll like to share the cover of a project I started in May, sorry I can’t share the inside because it is a class I purchased also at Big Pictures and wont like to give away the creators hard work, but you can find out more about it HERE. The class name is “A Week of Life Lists”; I did some personal changes because I plan on making this a yearly thing.

I got this Fancy Pants Brag Book as a prize from sb.com on NSD, being stuck to the computer+craft table has its advantages ;) and decided to use it for this project.

Here is a close-up of the cover. The Journey title is a Donna Downey fabric stitched word.

This is my introduction page for May, I made sure to mark the start date (because it’s my birthday ;)

This last project is part of my goal to scrapbook more about me, we all know that feeling of our craft being focused a lot on our families, and personally I also make albums, cards and projects to give as gifts to family members. I’ll be sharing a few projects and ideas next month that will inspire you to make something about you J.

Hope I was able to bring some inspiration to your day.

Till Next Time

=Di

4 Scrappy thoughts:

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Wow,, It's a very creative and nice,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Such inspiration!!

Sandy Ang said...

Love how you altered the owls notebook. Love it if you came and linked it up to my challenge here http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2011/06/sandys-challenge-4.html

Erica said...

As always, these are fabulous! Love all your ideas, thanks for sharing the tips.