Monday, June 20, 2011

Glimmer Glaze coloring

Hello everyone! It's Julie here today to share with you a way you can add some pizzazz to your stamped images: Glimmer Glaze!

Glimmer Glaze is a fine glitter paint from Tattered Angels that adds a hint of glimmer and a shine to things that you stamp! They come in a wide array of colors. Once I started this project, I wished I had more of them!

I started off my project stamping out a ton of flowers (not all to be used on this project). I recommend using Dye ink because it does not smear when wet with the glaze. I used pigment ink on a set of flowers and I did get some smearing (but I actually liked the look it gave as well).





I started off using my first Glimmer Glaze color, Mellow Yellow. The Glazes come with a nail polish like brush to paint on your images and it really helps! You must wait for the first color to dry before using a second color.



Once my Mellow Yellow was dray, I used my second color, Waterfall. I did not worry about staying in the lines since these flowers were going to be cut out.



Once all flowers were dry, I cut them out. Once cut, I put them in the palm of my hand and I pushed down on the center to give them a raised appearance. After that, all I needed to do was to figure out what to do with them! I decided to make a few tags. Here are two that I made:





I encourage you to give these little paints a try if you haven't! They offer a stunning look!


Thanks for stopping by today!

















1 Scrappy thoughts:

Michelle said...

I love those glazes! Your flowers and tags are so pretty. Spotted that sb.com has them on sale for $3.68/btl. So tempting!!!