Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Then & Now Receipt Holder

7 Gypsies always comes out with the most original display products in the scrappy market, and with there Receipt Holders they did not disappoint, for my project I used the small one, each space is 3”X5”


Something else about this receipt holder is that it inspired me to mix all these embellishments that I would normally not put together, and I really like the lost and found trinkets look


Then & Now is a display with a photo of my husband and I when we started dating and a most recent photo of us, I did not realize how much we’ve changed physically until I put these two photos together, the changes are huge and it’s kind of funny to think about the fact that we are in the last years of being young adults, but will definitely always be young at heart ;)


For any display where you have to leave the photos exposed, I recommend that you laminate them, and that way you’ll be protecting them from any damage. I like the Self-Adhesive Laminate by Therm O Web, it took me a little practice to get a clean film with no air bubbles and I’ve learned that it works even better with matte finish photos, do not use a bone folder or a ruler to smooth out the laminate, your thumb will be the best tool, the final results are fantastic.


Supplies used:

7 Gypsies Receipt Holder, Avignon paper and Tags, Antiquarian Journal Pages and Princesca Hardware
Making Memories Paper Reverie
Wrinkled seam binding Ribbon
Tattered Angels Framed Fonts
Tim Holtz Memo Pins
Prima Hydrangeas
Therm O Web Matte Self-Adhesive Laminate
Dymo

I hope I was able to inspire you to make a display with your own then and now photos :)
Have a Great Day an Till Next Time
=Diana

5 Scrappy thoughts:

gayle said...

Absolutely gorgeous Di :) cute photos!! I haven't seen that receipt holder before, what a great idea xx

Unknown said...

Wow! This is wonderful Di! I really love the owl you put on here!

Kristin said...

Very gorgeous Di! Those pictures are precious and the embellishments are fantastic!

Erica said...

Di, this is a beautiful project! And thanks for the tips! I think Raul looks the same, but you look like a different person (and not in a bad way at all). You guys are adorable.

Jean said...

hOE CUTE IS THIS!