Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Steps to make a Fast Mini Album

Hello and welcome to another mini album tutorial, today I am going to give you tips on how to make a Fast Mini Album.

I recommend that you do not use a bare chipboard album, pick one that already has color added to it, for example the Cosmo Cricket Blackboard, the Doodle Bug Plain and Simple White albums or in this case the Basic Grey’s Circle Milk Chocolate Chipboard album.


The round shape made my paper cutting even faster thanks to my Circle Cutter; this is a great tool I really recommend.
Next was to make a Sketch, it is faster to finish several pages if you make them all in a similar design, you can also follow a sketch from the multiple sites that offer them for free.

Cut circles from different coordinating pattern paper. Next you’ll need to cut ea circle in three different sizes. For each album page glue three of the pieces together to form again a complete circle, use chalk ink or distress ink on the circle edge. Since it is a boy album instead of ribbon I tied some cotton twine.
I used glimmer mist on the punch shapes to add more color. If your photos have a white border then they are ready, mine did not have the border, and I did not want to waste time cutting pieces of matting paper, so I decided to paint an uneven border using Gesso, white acrylic paint will also do the job.

For me the album cover is always the most important part; I like to see it as an introduction to what you’ll find inside. Even though this cover was very fast to make I really like the final results, and I only used 4 types of embellishments: a Rub-On, Ribbon+Cotton Twine, Chipboard piece and different Alphas for the title.

And here are some of the finished pages.


I hope this tutorial was helpful, I’ll post these instructions to the scrappy community Mini Book Group here: http://thescrappytree.ning.com/group/dianasmonthlyminialbumtutorial for future reference. You can also upload pictures of your albums there, I would really love to see what you make.




~Also, it is my pleasure to announce The Winner of the Create A Heart for Hope Challenge~

In the name of my Scrappy Tree colleagues I would like to thank all of you that participated in our Challenge, the winner of our fantastic giveaway is………….

Erica Hofstetter

Congrats!! Please email us your address so we can send you the amazing Graphic 45 prize.



Have a Great Day!


=Di


8 Scrappy thoughts:

Unknown said...

I love your mini album Di! Thank you so much for sharing!

Unknown said...

Congrations Erica on your win!!

The Scrappy Tree said...

Beautiful Book Di, it is always a pleasure to see your creations!

Erica said...

Another beautiful book Di!! Love the color combination.

And thanks for the prize!!! I knew if I stacked the entries I'd be a shoe in! :)

The Scrappy Tree said...

Well that's one way to win, lucky for you we liked your entries!

Jean said...

Such a cute album. Like the idea of making the pages similar!

humel said...

Oh, this is lovely :-) And congrats to Erica!

Sandy Ang said...

Congrats Erica!