Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Shipping Tags!

I had the task to play with some shipping tags for our next project and free kit. I was kinda intimidated because I fell in love with the ones I saw at Christmas by the Tag God- Tim Holtz. He does 12 tags of Christmas every year and if you haven't had a chance to be inspired, I highly recommend it! He is leaps and bounds ahead of everyone but has such a gift for sharing, inspiring and teaching. So, on with my meager attempts.

I started with the standard size tag that most people are using but wanted to share Tall Mouse as a great resource for clear acrylic tags, chipboard tags, black, white, green you name, they have it.
The next thing I chose was the image which was easy because I had just fallen in love with this Graphic 45 line called On the Boardwalk that Simon Says Stamp has for sale. I found it in a LSS here in California names Timeless Treasures but Simon Says is another favorite of mine to buy online from. Next I picked a few Distress inks and a Glimmer Mist that I thought would go well and got started.

First up, Beach Time!


I used the following on this tag:

Black Stazon ink
Clear UTEE
Tim Holtz stamp
Distress ink- two shades
(background and edges)
Graphic 45 cut out image
Making memories button
Journaling tag-unknown
Dymo caption label maker

















Next, Summer Time!


I used the following on this tag:

Brown Stazon ink
Clear UTEE
(one of my favorite things to do with this is layering it. Add one layer or powder UTEE, melt it, while it is melted, add more powder, melt it, repeat for desired effect)
Tim Holtz stamp
Distress ink- one shade (edges)
Glimmer mist Background
Graphic 45 cut out images
Ribbon-American Crafts
Dymo caption label maker
















I hope you feel inspired to try some yourself, if you want us to help, shoot us an email and we will send you some images and shipping tags to get you started.

Thanks for stopping by, Have a wonderful day!

Kristin

3 Scrappy thoughts:

Cherry said...

Great tags Kristin - love the texture and elements. Certainly inspiring. Hugs Cherry XXX

humel said...

Fabby tags! I love what Tim Holtz does with tags - loving what you've done with them too! x

Maria Ontiveros said...

These are awesome! I do love tags as a canvas.
Rinda