Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!


Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! I hope everyone is wearing green and ready to enjoy their day! My final St. Patrick's Day contribution to The Scrappy Tree is a card that I made for someone special!
I used a plain, off white cardstock for the base of the card and inked with green around the edges. Then I just had to crack open my new pack of Basic Grey Origins paper and I cut panels to fit the card. I cut another piece of the plain off white cardstock and used individual letter stamps (unknown manufacturer) to stamp "Lucky" on the panel. I attached all panels to the base. Next, I added a scalloped sticker from the Basic Grey paper pack above my stamped panel. I once again punched out 4 hearts using my Fiskars heart punch, inked the hearts and glued them down to form my 4 leaf clover. Next I took a Basic Grey chipboard stem and inked it to make it the right shade of green. Then I attached it to complete my clover. Finally, I used my paper piercer to poke holes into my card and I hand stitched yellow DMC floss on the card.

Before I go today, I thought it fitting that I share with you an Irish Blessing that I found in my rub on collection (the rub on is from Melissa Frances). It says:

Always remember to forget the troubles that passed away, but never forget to remember the Blessings that come each day.

I wish all of our readers the best of luck on this St. Patrick's Day and I hope you can see your blessings today! ~Julie

3 Scrappy thoughts:

humel said...

Um. Today I am mostly wearing blue and purple, it seems... Totally forgot it was St Patrick's Day! Hope you have a good one x

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love the colors and mood of this card. I have 3 St. Patty's Day card on my blog today.
Rinda

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Beautiful card! Hope you enjoyed your St. Patrick's Day. :)
Theresa