Sunday, January 2, 2011

WCP Challenge

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a great start to the New Year! I know Gayle's AJF prompt was perfect for me to get things rolling. If you have recovered from the holidays and need a nice project break to start the new year below is this months WCP Challenge.


This month I thought, we would take a stab at Tags, since some of you may been in tag withdrawal after Tim Holtz's 12 days of tags.

The Word this month is : Growth
The Color is: Green
The Photo is this one:


Remember you can use ONE of the WCP's or ALL of them when creating your project as long as it's on a tag.


Here is my go at it:

I inked the whole tag with peeled paint, distress ink. added the picture then used picket fence crackle paint around the edges of the picture. The arrows are My Minds Eye, the ribbon, Bazzill and some white chip board Thickers.

The curled up corners and end of the tag is my favorite effect.


The crackle paint is so fun to use, especially because I previously had to use the crackle paint on top of another coat to get the effect, what a pain! *Tip, I did use my craft dryer to dry the cracklepaint, works great for those of us who are impatient :)

I hope you feel inspired and join us over at our Scrappy Community to share your project or join in on the other fun. It's not too late to give Gayle's AJF a try!


Have a wonderful day!

Kxx

4 Scrappy thoughts:

dianapena8 said...

I like the curling edges you made, it adds a great look to the tag :)

Joanna said...

Great tag - I love that image. That crackle paint is such a lovely effect.

x

Unknown said...

The tag is beautiful! I love the look of it!

Sandy Ang said...

What a fun challenge. Going to see what green stash I can use.