Monday, January 17, 2011

Corner Bookmarks

I love to read and one day while checking out the resources at Splitcoast Stampers, I stumbled across a tutorial for corner bookmarks. I have loved making them ever since and have even listed some in my etsy shop.


I started making my bookmark by cutting cream cardstock 3 inches by 3 inches. The tutorial link above walks you through making a different sized bookmark. You can make whatever size you'd like however. Just play around and see what you like best! You will need to mark the half way point on three sides of your square.






Then you need to score the flaps of your corner bookmark, lining up two of your halfway point marks on the diagonal. Then fold the scored parts back. You will be making a little triangle out of cardstock to glue on the flaps to secure your corner bookmark.



To make the triangle piece that covered my flaps, I cut a piece of cardstock 2 inches by 2 inches. Then I cut the piece and ended up with two triangles. One will be needed for the back of each bookmark.



Once cut, I glued the triangle piece on top of the flaps, making the corner bookmark secure.



Next is the fun part.....decorating! I cut a piece of patterned paper 3 inches by 3 inches, glued on, and then I cut off the excess.




By cutting the excess, my patterned paper is now the shape of the entire bookmark. You would not have to do this. This was my personal preference.





Then I layered more paper and an embellishment and it is complete!!




I made a set of 4 for my etsy shop. I like to give these in a set as a gift for a reader.





The final bookmarks:




I hope you enjoy trying to make your own corner bookmarks!
~Julie







6 Scrappy thoughts:

Beverly said...

These are adorable! So very clever and different from most bookmarks. Love the lave also!

dianapena8 said...

They are all so Beautiful!
Thank you for the tutorial :)

Diana Joy said...

These are wonderful. I'll have to make myself one. Thanks for sharing.

Antoinette Musik said...

Absolutely gorgeous! such a fantastic idea.

www.antoinettemusik.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

Absolutely Da Bomb Julz :) TFS

Erica said...

Julie, beautiful as usual. The one with the pink bow is my favorite!