Monday, January 10, 2011

January's Inspiration Monday!

It's that time again; time for some crafty inspiration! I found this gorgeous little clutch purse from Anthropologie and I just knew instantly that this was a perfect jumpstart on a little project!

I was inspired by the pleats, the flower and the color in the tag I made below:


I used some Delphinium Glimmer mist on the background of a simple, tiny, manilla tag and then I inked the edges with a Pale Violet inkpad from Marvy. Then I took an old zipper and attempted to make a zipper flower. I will readily admit that it did not turn out perfectly. I found a lot of tutorials on YouTube showing how to make one but each of the ladies had bigger zippers than I did. I had a tiny zipper so this is how mine ended up!! I added some purple seam binding to the tag and adhered the zipper flower at the top of the tag!
We can't wait to see how the cute little clutch inspires you this week! Come on over to our Inspiration group and upload anything that the image inspired you to make!
~Julie

4 Scrappy thoughts:

dianapena8 said...

I am already inspired, can't wait to get home and work on something =D

Erica said...

Very cool! Love the colors. Your zipper flower looks great!

Kristin said...

You are making me like purple :) I think your flower turned out great! I'm putting on my thinking cap :)

iSew said...

Gorgeous! Love the inspiration and the project.