Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Calendar Layout

Today I want to show you a Calendar layout I made, December is a very busy month for us, especially during the weekends, my page does not have a daily photo, but 6 photos that describe what we did during each weekend of the month, and I used the 7th calendar block for journaling. This pretty calendar paper is from KI Memories, they have more fun colors and shapes, if you look close you’ll notice the stitching around the inside edge it comes with, isn’t that cute?

By now you might know my obsession with Collage photos, what I did was add 6 photos to a 4” x 6” to get them in a small size, I used a Marvy 1-1/4” scallop circle punch to cut ea small photo and layered them on a square that I had previously distressed. There are not that many embellishments on the page because I needed the space to add lots of journaling.


Here at TST we are happy to begin the year with a Charity Challenge “Fuzzy Friends” http://thescrappytree.blogspot.com/2011/01/fuzzy-friends-challenge.html

What you can do:

Create a Layout, ATC collection, journal page or whatever you can think of and introduce us to your family of Fuzzy Friends. The winner will take home some awesome animal themed scrappy supplies, some healthy treats for your Fuzzy Friends and TST will donate $30 to SPCA international, in your name.The challenge will run through the month of January, ending on January 29th. Please upload a link to your blog or online gallery below or upload your picture to our online Scrappy Community HERE.

I would like to introduce Sammy:

He is our 4 year old tabby cat, we adopted him when he was 2 months old, the day we went to the Shelter someone walked in with a bucket that had 5 kittens that were found in an alley, Sammy was ours the moment we saw him, we waited for him to get checked up by the nice shelter volunteers, filled out all the paperwork and took him home, since day 2 (he spent day 1 under the couch missing his brothers and sisters *sigh*) he has favored my husband, they have a special and cute bond, but he does let me know that I am also important to him every time he keeps me company when I am crafting or when he jumps on my lap to get pet. Sammy is a part of our tiny family, we love him very much and he is extremely spoiled.

Just as a reminder, if you like to make mini albums or would like to start making them I'll be back next Wednesday with my free Mini Album Tutorial Segment, I'll be posting a supply list this weekend here: http://thescrappytree.ning.com/group/dianasmonthlyminialbumtutorial

I hope you can join me.

Great Day Wishes!
=Diana

4 Scrappy thoughts:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous calendar page Di! I love your photos and how you used the scalloped circle punch on them!!! Fantastic!!! Sammy's pages are also wonderful!!!

Erica said...

That calendar is beautiful!!! I love the paper. What a great idea. So much better than a December Daily album - I'm doing this calendar layout next time!

Where did you get the "december" and "Christmas" words? They're really cool too!

The Scrappy Tree said...

I love this calendar LO Di! The pictures are such a unique idea!

Sammy and Knock Knock must be long lost brothers, thanks for introducing us to him!

The layering is always so pretty on everything you do and these are no exception, wonderful LO's!

Kxx

Celeste B. said...

Love hearing your story about Knock Knock..too funny.

Here's my layout of my kitten, Saffron, snoozing in the sun on the printer.
http://celestebrodnik.blogspot.com/2011/01/circle-challenges.html