Friday, October 7, 2011

Scrappy chest of drawers

My Mum spotted this project in the July 2011 edition of Craft Stamper and decided that she really wanted it for her birthday this year; she's been very patient with me as her birthday was at the end of August!  But I finished it recently and wanted to share it with you the next time I had a post here at The Scrappy Tree :)
It's a little different to the one shown in the magazine, mainly to do with the demands of the lady it was being made for :)

The drawers come from a company called Eco Green, as in the article.  I used Docrafts Artiste acrylic paint in Linen and Baby Blue, and DecoArt One Step Crackle for the base colour of the drawers.
 The drawers are stamped in StazOn Ink in Black and Saddle Brown using Tim Holtz stamps; the buttons on the front of the drawers are Graphic 45 metal button brads.
The embellishments on the side are two Tim Holtz die-cuts coloured with Antique Linen Distress Ink and covered with Glossy Accents.  The dress form is cut from Tim Holtz paper.  I wound embroidery thread around the 'reel' in a colour to match the Prima flower in the middle, and then added some buttons around them in contrasting colours.  I will try to add a daylight photo when we get some (!) but for now thank you for looking :)

Happy Scrapping!

Gayle xx

6 Scrappy thoughts:

Anonymous said...

That is so pretty!! Love it.

Michelle said...

Oh Gayle, this is so pretty!!! I bet your Mum just loved this!! I love the vintage feel to it!!!

Heavens2Betsy said...

This is stunning. I'm sure you Mum will adore it. penny

Jester said...

It's so lovely - fabulous work!

dianapena8 said...

The moment I opened tha blog I said a big WOW! all the stamping looks amazing and I just love the color combo and the incredible embellishments you made with the die cuts, stunning gift for your mom =Di

Jean said...

Wow - outstanding!! You are very talented and she is very lucky!