Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Welcome our new Design Team Member...





Diana


Tell us about yourself Diana:-

"I've been married since 2007; we don't have any children yet but plan on having two in the near future. For now, we adopted a cat named Sammy and he is a brat who we love and spoil a lot!

I've been scrapbooking since 2005. They gave me a scrapbook 101 class at my local scrap store and since then it has been my main hobby. Scrapbooking is my way of documenting important events in my life that I would always want to remember and would like to share with my future kids and their kids. I also like to make all kinds of projects for my dearest family and friends; it's my way of showing them how much I care.

Besides my favorite scrappy pastime, making layouts, I really love to make mini albums! I enjoy all the process from decorating the cover to adding the photos and decorating the pages. I also like to make cards; it is the perfect way to use all the extra paper pieces from making LO's and I really like to give handmade cards to the special people in my life.

I am recognizable by my curly hair, which I inherited from my beautiful mom. And I smile a lot! :) As well as scrapping I also enjoy taking lots of photos; I like to read, mostly novels; and I really enjoy traveling - just a one day trip to a different nearby city is fun for me. I love downtown Chicago, there is always a lot to explore.


To The Scrappy Tree team : It is a huge honor to participate as a DT in your amazing blog, I was so happy when I got the invitation! Thank you all bunches, I hope I can bring some inspiration to TST followers :)

To see where she gets her inspiration from, we asked Diana for some of her favourite blogs and websites. Favourite blogs were The Scrappy Tree, Zunky Chic, A Kiss On The Chic, It’s Me KP, Amy Tangerine and Just me, my soldier and our 2 little chicks, Favourite websites included scrapbook.com, Jenni Bowlin, Blue Moon Scrapbooking and Studio Calico.



Now on to the projects!

-Christmas Banners~

I enjoy making Banners because they are a great decoration and also because it takes only a few supplies to put them together. It is a great excuse to use leftovers of a paper collection you like.

~Noel Banner~











For this banner I used: Making Memories Mistletoe Paper, Tape and Pins, Prima Poinsettia, Maya Road Ornate Tags, Jillibean Soup Alphabeans, Red Acrylic Paint, Red Stickles, Assorted Brads and Ribbon.

Note: each Triangle is cut out of a Box and they measure 5in W X 6in L. to make them more resistant and also cover up the carton color you can add a piece of cardstock paper to the back.


~Joy Banner~


Supplies:Pink Paislee Mistletoe & Co. Paper, Maya Road Snowflake Coasters, Prima Chipboard Alphas, Gem Brads, Creme Acrylic Paint, Brown Chalk Ink, Red Decorative Trim


Please welcome Diana to the team!

8 Scrappy thoughts:

Kristin said...

Welcome to the team Di, we love ya!

dianapena8 said...

Thank you!! I am so happy to be a part of TST :) *Hugs*

Unknown said...

Welcome to the team Di! Your banners are absolutely stunning!!

gayle said...

Welcome Diana! Fabulous banners and beautiful work as always :) xxx

Erica said...

Congrats Di! Your banners are beautiful! They rival your mini books.

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Love the banners:)) Such great colours
xx

Joanna said...

Beautiful banners, Diana! Great to see you on the DT team.

Rachel Brett said...

Welcome Diana :)

I love the new christmas projects, they are fab! :)