Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Note Card Set & New Segment Announcement

Hello, Diana here, today I would like to share this Note Card Set I made. Every year my coworkers and I exchange small Christmas gifts, I made 3 sets of note cards for ea of the girls.



Again I used the same design for all of them, it is a huge time saver, I decided to make 5 cards per set, once I picked the Paper, Adhesive Paper Borders and Ribbon it was just a matter of gluing everything together.


































With leftover paper I decorated a Paper Bag to put the cards inside and keep them in a nice place, it also adds a good presentation to the gift, and to finish a Manila Tag that says: “from the desk of ……”




Supplies Used:
Pattern Paper and Paper Borders: K&Co Greenhouse collection
Ribbon and Lace: American Crafts
Twine: Martha Stewart
Craft Cards and Envelopes
Manila Tags
Brown Paper Bags
Cotton Twine
Border Punch: EK Success

And now my Announcement, I am so happy to be starting a new Segment here at TST, every 3rd Wednesday of the month I’ll be giving a Free Mini Album Tutorial.

I really like to make Mini Albums, the size is perfect for creating albums with a specific theme and they also make great gifts.
Here are some examples of previous Mini Albums I’ve made



































































Remember the 6"X9" layouts I shared here:

This is the cover of the album:



































The Title for Januaries mini album is: “Favorite 2010 Moments” so get those pics ready.

I will be giving a complete supply list the day of the tutorial, but for now you can have the following ready






Outside:
3-Ring Binder, I used a small 7"X9" but the size is up to you.
Canvas Fabric, again you can use any type of fabric of your choice.
Needle and Assorted colors of Floss
Stitching Template (Optional)
Sewing Machine (or you can hand sew)



Inside:
12 pieces of cardstock cut to fit the inside of your binder
Your Choice of Pattern Paper and Embellishments to match
Distress Tool
Distressing Ink or Chalk Ink
Whole Puncher
Variety of Border Punchers
I hope you can joing me, and I would love to see your creations.
Sneak Peeks Soon!

=Diana

P.S.
2 More Days for Christmas Eve :)

3 Scrappy thoughts:

Unknown said...

I love these cards as a gifts Di! Wonderful! I am super excited about your mini album project coming up!!! Can't wait to start!

Kristin said...

Beautiful Card sets, and I love the paper bag you put them in! Great idea!

Your minis are gorgeous! I can't wait for your mini album tuts, I'm getting out my stuff and I am ready to play along!

Jessica said...

Cute card set. I love the paper bags you made to put them in.

~Jessica