Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Altered fence post

Hello. It's Julie here with a little project that I made from a recent thrift store find. I found a plain wooden fence post (small, like the size for a garden) and I just knew that I could do something with it.

I started by painting the plain wood post with Antique White acrylic paint. I needed multiple coats. Once that dried, I used a Dune inkpad from Color box to ink around the post, giving it an aged look. I was at a loss of what to do with it after that honestly. So it sat around my attic craft space for a week or more. Finally, I was inspired by my new Diet Coke can (yes, that was my inspiration haha). The new can has just part of the Diet Coke logo showing and focuses on just a few letters of that logo. Hence, I decided to use letters on my post. The only chipboard letters I had were kind of ugly and very glossy so I sanded them to get the gloss off and then painted them the same Antique White as the post. Once those were dry, I inked them with the same Dune ink pad. I used my Yes Glue to glue them on the post. Since it is now Fall, I decided to use Fall leaf inspired crinkled seam binding ribbon on it as well.

There's my finished project. I took a 75 cent fence post and now have a fun Fall themed decoration!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

~Julie

2 Scrappy thoughts:

dianapena8 said...

Wow Julz, You really turned that fence post into a Beautiful decoration, I clicked on the pic to see it larger and the details of the aging look amazing =D

Erica said...

Great project! A very creative way to re-use something.