Thursday, April 18, 2013

A side step card

Hello! It's Julie here today with a side step card I needed to make for a local store's card challenge.

I was given a set of border stickers and a green card base that was already cut and scored to make the side step card. The challenge was to use the base and at least part of one sticker on the card. Anything else could be added.

I started by using the stickers first. I layed them all down on the front layer of the card. (Then I covered a lot of them up! Lol). I had had no inspiration on this card until late last night but when it hit me, it hit me and kept me up late.

I cut panels of light purple cardstock to cover all panels (even the stickers I set down at first). I made sure to leave some of the stickers visible. I inked the panels with a purple Hero Arts pad before I glued them on.

I used a Nestabilities scalloped rectangle die to cut a white rectangle. Them I set it aside. I stamped a Princess and a Prince from Penny Black on Neenah white cardstock with Memento Ink and I played with my Copics to get their color right. Stickles here and there added the finishing touches. I set those images aside and then stamped flowers from Technique Tuesday with Versafine black ink and colored with Gelatos. I added Stickles and a black pearl to each center and art aside.

My sentiment from Penny Black was embossed on a piece of white cardstock after I colored with Gelatos. Then I tried to figure out where I was putting everything. :)

I decided to ultimately alter the scalloped white rectangle. I used scrap paper to free hand draw clouds. I cut the clouds out and used them as a mask. I watered down a blue gelato and used a stipple brush to stencil the cloud background. I then placed it on the front of the card and added the princess. I didn't like having her float in the sky so added the flowers beneath her and a little ribbon.

I added some corrugated cardboard to the back step thinking it was like a fence or a hill for the Prince. I glued that on and added the Prince. I added the sentiment to the front of the card with pop up glue dots. I thought it and the second step were missing something so I found Studio Calico wood veneers and colored them with Gelatos. Then I added them to the card and carefully added Stickles.

So that is my card share today and since I ended up liking the side step card idea, I might do a tutorial on cutting, scoring and making one next week. :). Have a great day!







4 Scrappy thoughts:

Jean said...

So cute! Love all the details.

Erica said...

It's adorable! Did you make yourself a template so you can make more?

Chriss America Real said...

This is just adorable! So you "fussy cut" your stamps out to make this cute prince & princess? How clever! This is so cute!

Hugs,

Chriss

gayle said...

Really effective technique, am loving the fairytale theme :) x