Saturday, December 8, 2012

Bag and tag

Happy weekend!  I have something a bit different to share today; I made this bag and matching tag as a birthday present and I know it's been received now so I can finally share it :)

This was my first attempt at sewing on a zip so hopefully it stays in one piece(!) ;)  The flower is made from a long strip of fabric folded lengthways and sewn along one edge, and then the stitches were pulled tight to ruche the fabric; it was then rolled up to make the flower shape.
The tag uses Andy Skinner's Nature set of stamps, and the colours are Distress Inks and Stains in greens, oranges and yellows.

I've also posted at The Stamp Attic today - slightly addicted to the snowflake rosette die!

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend, we are going to spend this afternoon putting up our tree :) excited!!

Happy scrapping

Gayle xx

3 Scrappy thoughts:

Words and Pictures said...

Love that bag and tag - colours so full of life and good cheer! Loving the look of that snowflake too... I've just got the mini-snowflake strip die, haven't had a chance to play yet. Off to have a look at the Stamp Attic!
Alison x

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous, I love the colours.

dianapena8 said...

Love the bag and the tag ;)