Friday, June 15, 2012

Steampunk tag

Hello and happy Friday! My tag to share with you today is just ridiculously layered LOL I was having so much fun I just kept putting them on there :-D

So it's probably easier to list what I used rather than trying to explain what I did!  The background is fired brick, spiced marmalade and scattered straw distress ink, with some ink sponged through a Creative Expressions sequin waste mask and edged with some frayed burlap.  The other images are stamped in black archival ink or saddle brown StazOn.  The stamps are Tim Holtz, Inkadinkado and 7gypsies, with some doodling in white Posca pen.
I loved how the three gents looked raised up off the paper on foam squares when I went to a workshop at The Stamp Attic so had to try it again at home :)  They're inked with Old Paper Distress Ink to make them look a bit aged.  I also added some Andy Skinner-esque studs to the top of the tag for decoration.

I am also posting at The Stamp Attic today (here's a sneak peek!) so please call by and say hello :)
Happy scrapping and have a great weekend :)

Gayle xx

3 Scrappy thoughts:

dianapena8 said...

Amazing as always! I also like how the 3 gents look raised =D

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous tag, great inky background and I love the gents. Love your tag for the Stamp Attic too, the colours are yummy as is your rose. Tracy x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's a fabulous tag, great background.
By the way, the word verification is really time consuming. It would be great, it you could switch it off.