Friday, January 27, 2012

A little splash of colour

I was looking at layering this week when I was making a few cards, and had tremendous fun with pigment ink, spray ink, tissue tape, paper, doilies, images, flowers, pearls and punches while making these!

As with my last post, both images are from Crafty Individuals but I'm afraid many of the other supplies are ones that were floating about in my stash and caught my fancy :) although you might recognise a few flashes of Mr Holtz in the stamping and tissue tape department!  If you look closely at the card above you can see the Eiffel Tower off in the distance ...just! lol
What I enjoyed most about making these was layering up a neutral background with cream, beige and gold, and then choosing a colour to accent; with the second card the spray ink I used seemed to quite closely match the burnt oranges in the image.

Thanks for visiting! Happy scrapping this weekend :)

Gayle xx

3 Scrappy thoughts:

Michelle said...

These are both beautiful!!!

dianapena8 said...

I've said it before but here it is again, I just love how you use so many cool techniques on your projects =D

Erica said...

These are beautiful! Love the images and the layers. So soft and lovely.