Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Dear 2010, thank you for...

Here we are at Day 3 of our thankful challenge! Thanksgiving is right around the corner for our American friends, and for us Brits... well, it's nearly December and December means Christmas, right?? :) The Brits in-the-know will be using this week as a good excuse to keep those pumpkin based recipes going now that Halloween is well and truly over, and feeling very jealous of the long weekend that's about to hit Stateside!

This time last year I did a layout for our thankfulness challenge, and I really wanted to revisit that this year as I'm in a very different place now; I found it really inspiring to think of all the good things that have happened in the past year! For the journalling I used a prompt from Shimelle's True Stories class and went through the alphabet thinking of all the good stuff!

I used Bobunny 'A Gift of Love' 12x12 and a matching journaling spot, an assortment of Thickers and Papermania mini-alphas, Prima and Papermania flowers and some brads and a button from my stash. For the journaling I used my Dymo for the date, and then journaled on some plain luggage tags, using Inspirations alphabet stamps for the large letters (stamped with fired brick and faded jeans Distress Ink) and a Gelly Roll black pen for the rest of the writing. I also inked around the edges of the tags and page with fired brick Distress Ink, and stamped an Inkadinkado flourish onto the red card in embossing Distress Ink to create the pockets, embellishing with a few dashes of gold Stickles.

Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving from me and The Scrappy Tree :)

Gayle xx

3 Scrappy thoughts:

Kristin said...

Gayle, you absolutely hit the nail on the head this year.I think the tags with the a-z journaling are my favorite but the paper and flowers really work together and are so happy :)

I'm Thankful for you friend :)

Kxxx

dianapena8 said...

Loving those tags Gayle, and your use of the background paper is perfect =D

Rachel Brett said...

Beautiful layout, I like the cluster of flowers :)