Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 4 - Keyrings

Day 4 of our Valentine gift ideas! Why not give your loved one a Valentine gift to keep all year round? These cute little keyrings are really simple to make!

1. stamp a heart shaped image onto grungeboard using StazOn ink and cut out, and repeat.
2. colour in with Fired Brick Distress ink and stick the two pieces back to back using a strong glue like Glossy Accents (it can help to press this inside an old book to keep it flat while it dries).
3. go around the edges of the heart with a Sharpie (red or black) to cover any edges showing
4. paint all over with sparkle mod podge
5. punch a hole in one corner and thread through a swivel key chain - voila!

Now I tried taking photos from every angle to show how sparkly these came out... but the photos just don't cut it so try it yourself! :)

And if you love home made gifts, you'll love these handmade candy grams for Valentine's day! Check them out here - order by Sunday for delivery in time for Valentine's Day.

Gayle


6 Scrappy thoughts:

humel said...

Yay, now I HAVE to go get some grungeboard and I can blame you! ;-) These are fab - may have to make some single-sided ones as scrapbook embellishments x

Unknown said...

These are great! Using them as a scrappy embellishment is a good idea too humel! I have not used Grungeboard and I am going to have to give this a try!

dianapena8 said...

These are Great!!!! very good looking and I also like humel's idea of using them as embellis =D

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

ooh I like these, and a great idea:)

Jean said...

I need sparkly Mod Podge!

Joanna said...

These are cool...I didn't know modge podge made a sparkle one..I will have to add that to my wish list! :) TFs