Day 2 of your Valentine's projects - peppermint hearts! This is a peppermint creme recipe slightly modified to make it a little bit Valentine's; they're scrummy anyways so give them a try! Easy to make and no baking required.
So here's the recipe!
450g/1lb icing sugar
50g/2oz butter, melted
2 tablespoons lukewarm milk
1 teaspoon peppermint essence
1 teaspoon red food colouring
extra sifted icing sugar (for rolling out)
1. Sift icing sugar into a bowl.
2. Combine melted butter with milk, peppermint essence and red food colouring
3. Add milk mixture gradually to icing sugar and mix well. Turn out onto board dusted with sifted icing sugar. Roll out to about 1/4cm / 1/8inch thickness
4. Cut into heart shapes using a small heart shaped biscuit cutter
5. Leave in the cool until firm
Don't forget that The Scrappy Tree candygrams are only available until Sunday this week (to allow time for shipping), so if you want to say happy Valentine's with a handmade gift from the heart, check out our Etsy shop today!
Thanks for looking :)