Friday, July 1, 2011

A little gift for the man in your life...

This is actually a father's day gift but I couldn't share with you earlier due to some camera problems! I think something like this would make a cute gift for a birthday, father's day, or even a thank you gift (change text as appropriate!).

The journal has a grungeboard cover, coloured with Distress inks and sealed with Mod Podge; I added some travel-themed stickers from my stash (I think they're by SEI). I also added part of a card clockface (Tim Holtz) just because I like it!

The card was also made using a Tim Holtz die-cut for the black cog silhouettes, with cogs stamped in gold ink on the background and the caption added using a Dymo label-maker.

I do sometimes find it hard to make something masculine that I'm happy with (I am addicted to adding flowers to most things!) but was quite happy with this, although when I find my black StazOn I want to grunge up that cover a little ;)

Happy Friday!!

Gayle xx

0 Scrappy thoughts: