Monday, April 12, 2010

April's Inspiration Challenge: Come and Play!

Happy Monday Crafters!!! It's that time again.....Inspiration Monday. If you haven't played before, here's how it works: I upload an image or website that you can draw inspiration from. You create any kind of project you want, a card, an altered item, journal page, layout, the sky's the limit!! You then upload your creation to our ning challenge group before midnight of Friday, April 16th. I will post our creations on this blog on Saturday! Come and play along if you can. If you have any questions, just ask in either the comment section here or on our ning site!


Without further ado, here's this month's Inspiration Challenge:

When I was unearthing our warmer weather clothes, I came across one of my favorite t shirts. Now use this as a springboard for your project! Here's what I created:

I loved the red in the shirt so I had that be my background paper. The textured cardstock paper is so cool. It is made by Wasau papers and can be found at Target. Then I used some AC cardstock (Earth tones) and I free handed the waves. I swear I have a wavy template and a cutter but I couldn't find it for the life of me!! One of my favorite parts of this shirt has the trees so I used a Maya Rd. tree, painted the trunk with brown acrylic paint and I covered the leafy part with Little Yellow Bicycle glossy paper. I free hand cut some clouds and glued on. I matted my photos with kraft cardstock and put them on. I used acrylic paint to paint on the dots similar to the tshirts dotting. Finally I added the Thicker title and Martha Stewart punched birds.
I can't wait to see how this shirt inspires you! Remember, upload your creations HERE
before the end of Friday, April 16th. If you don't want to play along, or don't have time to, please give all our participants some comments!! Thanks!
Happy Crafting!!
~Julie







3 Scrappy thoughts:

dianapena8 said...

I like those colors and you made a fantastic lo using them, I'm on my way to Ning to join in :)

Kristin said...

I am loving the inspiration and your LO is gorgeous! The colors are my fav!

Michelle said...

The colors are my fav too! I love fall time. Love the tree and birds!! Cute page, Julie!! :)