Saturday, November 14, 2009

Welcome to The Scrappy Tree!

Welcome to The Scrappy Tree! This is it, the day we’ve been waiting for, the launch of our blog! We want to bring you a little of each side of the pond, and this month we are going Stateside with our Autumn theme - Thanksgiving.

To kick things off, our design team have each posted a project themed around being thankful.

KRISTIN’S PROJECT

Hi, my name is Kristin and I am so excited to be sharing my first project with everyone. I chose some of my favorite family memories as what I am most thankful for this year. Maybe because Alzheimer’s has touched my life in so many ways, I began to think that one day, those memories may fade for me too, and what better way to keep sharing these precious memories with generation after generation in our family than to write them down.

My project is a lovely chipboard box with rectangle shaped cardboard cards inside, that I purchased from here: The Little Pink Studio , check it out if you love vintage! I covered the box in two colors of Distress crackle paint by Ranger, gave it a rock candy glaze, also by Ranger and inked all the edges. The inside cards are each covered in Little Yellow Bicycle pattern paper from the Traveler series and embellished with S.E.I. accents from the Moravia lines that matched perfectly. You may also spot some Tim Holtz embellishments. Enjoy looking, I had a blast making it, see you soon with more exciting projects, feel free to email me at thescrappytree@hotmail.com for more details or if you have any questions.






And a British take on being thankful this year…

GAYLE’S PROJECT

Hello! My name is Gayle and I live in Wales in the UK. We don’t celebrate Thanksgiving in Britain but I was excited to have the chance to make a project around this theme because it’s a great reason to reflect on what I am thankful for in my life.

I decided to scrap a page about a topic particularly close to my heart at the moment; myself and my fiancé will be giving up our own home for a while in the near future and we are being taken in by some very kind family members! I made this page to remind myself to be thankful that wherever I am is home as long as my loved ones are there.

The paper used for this project comes from a kit by Scrapagogo, which also provided the very lovely gold Thickers (Jewelry Box) at the top of the page, the Webster’s vintage olive trim and the Maya Road red velvet rik rak. The papers that appear here from the kit are Collage Press’ Knave of Hearts Doubletake ‘Summer’s Day’ and ‘Loveable’, and also Dollop Die Cut ‘Dreamy’, plus Cosmo Cricket Early Bird ‘Sunrise’.

The buttons and flowers are from my personal stash, and the blue felt die cut is from an Anna Griffin kit. I used Papermania pearls and jewels to accent parts of the LO and bling it up a little!






And last but certainly not least, introducing our newest design team member, Julie Boeck.

JULIE’S PROJECT

Hi, it’s Julie and I had this idea for a mini album to show some of the things I am thankful for. The album is from a dollar store. The paper is Making Memories Autumn Splendor and All Fall from Fancy Pants. Lace from personal stash, as are buttons. I used a label maker punch from McGill. Prima flowers, Stampin Up brads and an unknown piece of chipboard with Crackle paint make up the front cover of the book.






And now it’s your turn! We invite you to take part in our opening challenge for Thanksgiving – send us a picture of a project using any medium you like which shows what you are thankful for this year. The winner will be announced on Thanksgiving (November 26th) and will receive a prize from The Scrappy Tree.
Please send:
• One close-up photo of your favorite section of your project and
• One photo of your finished project as a whole.
Send your photo entries to thescrappytree@hotmail.com by midnight on November 24th.

You can also join our Scrappy Tree community on Ning here.
We will be posting our project instructions, photos, challenges and much more! Or just stop and say hi, look around for some ideas, share yours or chat with some fellow scrappers, see you there!

Every time you add yourself as a follower of The Scrappy Tree on either the blog, Twitter, Facebook or on Ning in the next month, you will get an entry into a prize draw, winner to be announced at the end of December – a little thank you from The Scrappy Tree Team for your support! Thanks for coming to check us out!

Remember, Don’t Worry, Be Scrappy!

4 Scrappy thoughts:

Melissa Eggler said...

Wow~ I'm speechless. Amazing projects, Ladies :)
COgrats on your blog! I'm trying to figure out how to become a member!

Michelle said...

Kristin, your memory box is wonderul! I am sorry to hear Alzheimer's has affected some of your loved ones.

Gayle, my gosh!! Your LO is awesome!! My favorite of yours!!! Great job. I am glad you have your family to fall back on in a time of need. :)

Julie, Love your mini!! You are so good at those!! Me, not so much!!!

Erica said...

Kristin - I have that box and tag album and now you've given me a great idea of what to do with it! The album looks great.
Gayle - so glad you could partake in our giving thanks holiday!
Julie - love the mini album. Very cute. And thanks for loving Zunky Chic!

Anonymous said...

Love all 3 projects!!!

You are all 3 very talented and now I have to figure out what to make because I would love to participate in your challenge :)

=Di